... Living inspired by the beauty of life, one post at a time.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Where did the time go?




















I am currently experiencing a disappointing experience ... my children are growing up. How is it that the years just fly by. I remember thinking as a child how crazy adults were to use this expression, yet I now find myself marvelling at how true this saying really is. The years have indeed flown by and I am constantly amazed to find myself whizzing onto the next parenting adventure. If I shut my eyes I can still remember walking in the door with each of my babies, occasionally I even get to hum their lullabies when they have awoken from a bad dream, all though these days are now few and far between. How crazy that I actually miss a tiny body sneaking into bed and was reminded of this this morning as my eldest crawled into bed with me, a rare treat indeed. I was grateful that it was too cold to get up. The onslaught to get ready was soon on as we rushed around to make lunches, pack bags, etc etc. These days instead of brushing teeth and braiding hair I am trying to locate my missing hair straightner and misplaced makeup. The transition to teenager seems to come with a mandatory messy room procedure, how is this possible from a previously meticulous child? I am also amazed that the perpetual cry of every woman "I have nothing to wear" (which by the way is so not true in light of the fact that piles of clothing lay haphazardly on the bedroom floor) begins soooo young. Ahhh, the joys of parenting a teenage daughter.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...